- £35,000 - £45,000 Per Annum
Nelson Chambers is pleased to be working a teir 1 ranked Legal 500 firm who are recruiting for an Assistant Solicitor of around 5 years PQE to join their busy Manchester Office.
The successful candidate will be working with some of the country's leading employment and discrimination lawyers and undertaking some of the biggest, high profile, group action cases. This role will suit a qualified Employment lawyer with c.5 years PQE, with demonstrable experience effectively managing individual and/ or large group claims from initial advice through to trial.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (non -exhaustive):
- To effectively manage a large group claim and ensure that accurate information and instructions are obtained from our clients and accurate records are maintained.
- To analyse and advise on strategy and the legal and practical aspects of managing the claims to best achieve the most successful outcome for the litigation
- To effectively manage, delegate to and supervise the work of junior non-qualified fee earners.
- To liaise with and brief counsel and attend conferences and hearings with counsel.
- To monitor all aspects of the case on behalf of the client and advise on whether subsequent developments affect views previously expressed.
- To maintain the strictest concern for and awareness of the need for GDPR and data protection at all times and in accordance with the Firm’s internal policies.
- To adhere to and manage all court deadlines and time limits where applicable.
The successful candidate will have:
· c. 5 years PQE – this is flexible if relevant experience can be shown
· Demonstrable knowledge conducting cases from initial advice through to trial.
· Experience managing high volume caseloads, group claims and large amounts of data.
· Excellent client care skills
· A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
In return the successful candidate can expect a competitive salary and a rewarding career working in a busy but friendly team. For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Darren Bacon at Nelson Chambers.