Nelson Chambers is pleased to be working with Legal 500 recognised firm, in their search for a Senior Information and Data Privacy Lawyer to join their busy and reputable team. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a candidate to help shape and grow this area of practice within the firm. It is envisaged that the role will be based in the London office, but applications will be considered from candidates wishing to work from one of the firms other offices, including Cambridge.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional senior Information and Data Privacy lawyer able to take the lead advising commercial clients in relation to all aspects of data protection. A client following would be highly desirable but all candidates who can demonstrate the relevant expertise will be considered.
Skills & Requirements (non-exhaustive)
- 5 + years PQE
- Recent experience of dealing with queries and investigations by the Information Commissioner
- Ability to deal with information and data privacy issues bridging Employment, Regulatory and Commercial areas of practice.
- Experience of:
- Ability to remain resilient under pressure
- A team player with the ability to work with colleagues from all departments
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Breach Management and Data Security,
- Employee Monitoring
- Data Analytics
- Privacy Notices
- Data protection Impact Assessments
- Proven business development skills including the ability to design and run bespoke training sessions
In return you can expect a competitive salary and rewarding career with an ambitious and extremely friendly team. For more information and a confidential discussion please contact Darren Bacon at Nelson Chambers.