Nelson Chambers is pleased to be working with a niche central London practice in their search for an employment lawyer to join them as head of employment. Working closely with the senior management team this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced employment lawyer to contribute and drive the direction and growth of the department.
The successful candidate will sell and grow this area of the business, ensuring that the firms clients are satisfied and engaged with employment legal services and employment product packages for the long-term.
- Contribute ideas and strategies for new business initiatives and revenue streams.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing clients, sell in additional services, and identify areas of improvement to meet targets.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships, working closely with senior colleagues.
- Attend and be a present at monthly training sessions.
- Assist with the onboarding of new clients and instill best practice from the outset.
- Work with the COO and other departmental heads to be a strong proactive and united management team.
Required Skills and experience (non-exhaustive)
- 8+ years of experience as an Employment Solicitor in a law firm (flexible if relevant experience can be demonstrated).
- Ability to effectively manage own time and workload.
- Experience and demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executive and C-level.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Deep understanding and working knowledge of employment legal matters.
- Ability to analyse financial data and compile business cases.
In return the successful candidate can expect a competitive salary in an ambitious and growing firm. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career in a progressive, supportive and collaborative environment. For more information and a confidential discussion contact Darren Bacon at Nelson Chambers.