This well established firm in Holborn/Chancery Lane area are looking for further support in their Family/Divorce team.
Candidates will ideally have the below experience
- Ability to work autonomously in relation to matters of divorce/civil partnership dissolution, financial remedy and Children Act work (albeit with senior partner overseeing cases) and to a high standard;
- Have intermediate knowledge of TOLATA and its application in practice as well and a basic knowledge of 1975 Act claims (although the latter is not essential);
- Must have strong interpersonal skills;
- Must take pride in their work and the manner in which legal argument is conveyed
- Must be able to work in a team as well as independently;
- A natural sense of camaraderie is important and the willingness to help others in the team;
- They should be sociable and affable;
- they must be used to managing a fairly complex and demanding caseload and be able to prioritise work accordingly;
- they must be able to handle demanding clients in a sensitive and nurturing manner (but be able to find that balance to stand up for themselves without deterring or agitating the client);
- an ability to network confidently is important and the demeanour to be able to change their persona depending on who they are dealing with; and
- a client following or at least a tried and tested stream from which clients may be acquired would be a benefit but not overly essential.
They are looking for individuals with 10 years’ experience or more and for an individual with the ability to act on their own initiative and working without supervision.
A very competitive salary and fantastic work life balance are on offer.
If you’re interested, please apply or get in contact with Austen Soper at Nelson Chambers.